Workshop on Trends of Future Mobile Networks—Self-organization Networks for 5G wireless communications and Internet of Things
Nowadays, the mobile network no longer just connects people but is evolving into billions of devices, such as sensors, controllers, machines, autonomous vehicles, drones, people and things with each other and then achieves informatization and intelligentize. From a planning and optimization perspective on the mobile network, this means that we also need a lot more flexibility to address these future needs. Due to this trend, there will be massively deployed low power node, e.g., picocell BSs, femtocell BSs, as well as wireless devices in future mobile networks. This may significantly improve both the capital expense and operation expense if the traditional manual operation and management is still applied. On the other hand, from the service bering perspective, scalability would be one of the key requirements in the future wireless communications. This means we have to provide broadband wireless access that spans the gamut- from massive data requirements to very low data requirements for services that come very infrequently. To address these issues and provide users better quality of experience, self-organization network (SON) has been regarded as one promising technique. This is also the key requirements or applications related to future applications, e.g., Internet of Things, Machine to Machine/Vehicles to Vehicle communications, Hyper-Dense Heterogeneous Networks. In this light, we think this would be a proper theme for the workshop.
This workshop will bring together academic and industrial researchers to identify and discuss technical challenges and recent results related to the future mobile networks. Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- On Scalability of SON for 5G Hyper-Dense Heterogeneous Networks
- Applications of SON on Internet of Things
- Machine to Machine/Vehicles to Vehicle Communications
- Big Data Enabled SON and Its Applications for Self-Maintenance.
- Quality of Experience Oriented Distributed Content Delivery
- Self-Organization Network Based Applications Like Disaster Recovery, Health and Environmental Monitoring and Management
- Self-Organization Network for Wireless Network Monitoring, Diagnosis and Healing
- Metrics, Fundamental Limits, and Trade-Offs for Internet Of Things
- Dynamics of Internet of Things Networks and Behavior Predictions.